PASTOR JOSEPH GIBBONS
“He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
Jesus, let me see the next generation the way you see them. Help me see through their self-defenses of disrespect and self sufficiency so that I can serve them the way that you serve me. Give me opportunities to meet them where they are to introduce them to who you are. I recognize, Jesus, that the hope for the next generation is not my power but yours. I recognize, Jesus, that the home for the next generation is your church and the church is me. Amen.
- Prayerfully consider joining our Walk Youth Director, Jorge Hernandez’s team. The church is the home for healing!
- Connect with and pray for local educators and coaches to see how you can come alongside them as they serve on the front lines.
- Educate yourself by checking out this recent study from UNLV.
- Volunteer with an organization like Project150lv. While they remain religiously neutral they are doing an excellent job meeting tangible needs.
- Run, jog, or walk the twelfth mile out of the total of 21.
- Do 21 sit-ups and 21 push-ups.