PASTOR STACY JULIAN
“Seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”
If there has ever been a time in history to pray for our city it’s now. With the passing of the 20thanniversary of 9/11, I can recall crying out for our nation and city in hopes that the Holy Spirit would cause people to awaken from their evil ways and turn to righteousness. We see tragedy happening all over the world and see hashtags such as #PrayforVegas or #VegasStrong. Personally, I like #LordStrong because the word says in Proverbs 18:10 “The name of the LORD is a STRONG tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.”
The words of Jeremiah in the above scripture were directed to the Israelites, who had been uprooted from their homeland and taken into Babylonian captivity. Under such circumstances, it would be easy to complain or grow bitter about the upheaval in their lives. But that was not what God desired from them. They were instructed to pray for the peace and prosperity of their new home. If their city prospered, they would also.
It’s important as believers to intercede for our city and cover it with prayers. We have the honor and privilege to come along side of Jesus and reach our city with the Gospel and the Hope of Christ. I believe just like Nehemiah if we cried out to God for our City his ear would be attentive and he would grant us favor.
As we continue to fast and pray may we be reminded that the word declares in Psalm 33:12, “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord”. No doubt blessed is the city whose God is the Lord too! As our cities prosper, so will our states, and our nation. Let’s become an intercessor for our city. Our prayers do make a difference! Let us declare as we do at WALK Church that our city would no longer be known for sin but for the city of Him!
Heavenly Father I pray we would all have a burden on our hearts for our city, leaders, and citizens. Bless our leaders turn their hearts and minds toward you. We desire people to encounter you, know you, and fear you. Protect us and our city from any harm. We pray for peace and prosperity in our city! In Jesus name Amen!
- Pray for our mayor, councilmen, and city officials to serve wisely and with integrity.
- Pray against crime and unemployment in our city.
- Pray churches and pastors will boldly declare God’ truth.
- Pray for revival to ignite in our city like never before.
- Pray for our teachers, support staff, and students. Pray for our hospitals, police, and fire departments.
- Pray for local businesses to prosper
- Setup a time every morning to specifically pray for our city.
- Run, jog, or walk the seventeenth mile out of the total of 21.
- Do 26 sit-ups and 26 push-ups.