Hebrews 10:24 ESV
“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
So far this week we have intentionally prayed for our Nation, followed by praying for our city, and now, today I want you to pray for YOUR community.
As I have studied concepts of memory retention and recall, I’ve learned that people are more likely to remember things, events, or experiences that they shared with the community they share life with as opposed to those experiences that were not shared, celebrated, or endured together. It’s quite possible that we as believers in Christ are living our Christian lives in relative isolation from the community we share life with, and therefore our Christian memories are not as vivid as those we have from the world.
We recently started hosting our sixth semester of Charge Group in our home. I can state unequivocally that our experiences, our relationships, and our memories relating to our walk with Christ are more vivid, enriching and authentic since we started sharing our journey with our Christian community as well as those that are not believers. We’ve grown deeper in our faith, and we’ve grown deeper bonds and relationships with those who are joining us on this journey with Christ.
Proverbs 18:1 states: “Whoever isolates himself seeks his own desire; he breaks out against all sound judgment.” I want to challenge our Christian brothers and sisters to reflect on how they have lived their journey with Christ. Whether that has been in the context of community or now. Here are some questions to process when thinking about this subject:
- Are you walking alone, isolated from other Christians?
- Are you neglecting to meet together with other Christians?
- Are you celebrating the important events that happen in your life with your Christian family?
- Do you attend a weekly Charge Group?
- Are you walking in Christian community?
Lord, thank you for guiding me on this journey. I praise you for being a loving God who is for us and not against us. Lord, I pray that you draw us nearer to you and nearer to each other. I pray that we have the courage to live our lives as Christians together and not alone. Lord, give us the boldness to praise each other as we walk our journey. Remove the habit of neglecting to meet with each other, for we know where two or more gather in your name you are there. Lord, we want to be where you are. I pray that my Christian brothers and sisters walk in community with their other Christian brothers and sisters. Amen.
- Join a Charge Group if you have not done so. If you already belong to a Charge Group share some news about your life, that you have not shared yet.
- Invite someone not in your Charge Group to coffee or for a bite to eat to get to know them better.
- Sign up to serve at Walk Church. The Dream Team would love to have you.
- Run, jog, or walk the eighteenth mile out of the total of 21.
- Do 27 sit-ups and 27 push-ups.